SOMETHING TO GAIN BESIDES THE PATIENT'S BEST INTEREST.






                                          
                                          THREE YEARS LATER

This gentleman was 78 when he saw me. He was one of those dream patients who never quibbled about payment. He could not eat steak anymore and he wanted to eat steak. "Can you help me doc?"

So we started our rescue of this dental cripple who could not eat, talk or smile properly without having his chrome denture falling down each time. He was rich though and paid me whatever I billed him.....no questions asked.

First we placed conventional sized implants in all the posterior areas where it was necessary. When it came to the front, I had a difficult tussle with my conscience. If I placed conventionals, I would have to do bone grafts and wait from 3 to 6 months before completion. And I would be able to charge him top dollar for the conventionals and the bone grafts. What did I do?

I placed in 4 minis.......yeah...just 4 minis and placed in a PFM bridge, all within a month in 2 visits. And I charged him a third what I would have charged him if I placed him conventionals.

I decided that if he is my father, thats what I would have done ! The best option at his age and lack of bone in the area were minis ! But I will make less dough !  Hang the profits........yea .....tough.......besides gaining the patient's best interest....I gained a sense of satisfaction and a good conscience.

The last picture was taken recently at age 82. Yeah, I did gain more than the patient's best interest.




Here are some more cases. For the atrophic maxillary anterior ridge, minimized dental implants should be the treatment of choice !!









































Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

NARROW DIAMETER DENTAL IMPLANTS: POSTED IN OSSEONEWS

Numbness After Implants | OsseoNews Discussions on Dental Implants

NARROW DIAMETER DENTAL IMPLANTS